Configuring the Learning Modules
The Midplus Module Template
Midplus learning modules have a standard structure and image and will created by the platform support using a pre-defined template. If you need another type of structure please send us a detailed support request.
Basic module configurationThe learning module will be initially hidden from students so that you can configure it first. Click on the gear icon at the top right and then on the option Edit settings.
Here you can change the settings as required:
- General settings: you can change the course full and short names if necessary, the learning track or category it belongs to, set the visibility to Show when the module is ready to be used, enable start and end dates (useful when you want to define the course completion status by a certain date).
- Description : write a compact but meaningful description for your learning module.
- Course image: upload an image for to identify the learning module. This will be shown on the module cards on the dashboard. The image should be 1024 x 676 px in size. Please respect the image copyright when uploading: acknowledge the author and choose the corresponding use license .
- Course format, Appearance, Files and uploads: these sections should not be changed as they are defined by the template.
- Completion tracking: by default is the tracking enabled to be able to define conditions upon which a module or activities are completed, or a certificate can be issued. You may disable it if you don't want to track the completion of activities to mark a module as completed.
- Groups: enable the group mode if you want participants to work in separate groups (they can only work in and see their own group) or in visible groups (they can work in their own group but see all other groups). Forcing the group mode applies the selected group mode to all activities, otherwise you can assign different group modes to different activities.
- Role renaming: this section is used by the Lecturers block on the right and should not be changed. It must show 'Lecturers' as the word for the role Lecturer.
- Tags: the tags are used to identify the learning module so that it can be displayed on the search results and be linked to other tagged resources in the platform. The Tags drop box contains the tags based on the competence matrix defined for the platform. If a tag is not on the list, simply type the text in the list box and press Enter to add it.
- Other module fields and More info : these fields are optional and help provide more information about the module and the institution offering it. This information will be shown to guest users of the platform.
- Click on Save and display to save your changes.