The User Portfolio
The tool Exabis sPortfolio is a thrid-party plugin which allows users to store and share resources (artifacts) such as weblinks, files and notes, with other users or user groups within the platform, enhancing collaboration.
This component which is not linked to the platform's user profile but allows users to input CV information which can be shared and be exported to Europass.
My Portfolio Artifacts:
Before you ad an artifcat it is advisable to first create categories to organise your resources:
- click on the Category icon, give the category a meaningful name and add a picture as an icon to help identify the category easily.
- The drop-down list will show you in which category you are currently working on
- To add resources to the Category, click on the Category tile and then click on the corresponding resource symbol which you want to add: link, file or note
- Fill in the required information, upload attachments or add tags and then save, e.g.
- You may also add categories inside a category to organise the resources better.
- The Portfolio artifacts can be displayed as tiles but also as a list clicking on the Details layout symbol. If you would like to print your list of resources, click on the Printer-friendly display symbol and use the print function of the Browser.
To share resources with other users you first need to create a view:
- click on Add view, add a title and description and save changes.
- You will be prompted with a canvas or area to place your objects.
- By default it shows a one-column layout. You can change the layout by clicking on the Layout tab and selecting your preferred design. For example, select two columns with equal width and save changes:
- To add a header: drag the Headertext symbol onto the canvas and add the Headline.
- To add a text block: drag the Text symbol onto the canvas, give it a title, write the content and click on add.
- To add artifacts from your portfolio: drag the Items symbol onto the canvas. Your artifacts will show and you can select those to appear on your view. You may also filter your artifacts to find them more
- To add embedded media: drag the symbol Media onto the canvas and fill in the required details. You may choose to create it as a new artifact or simply save it as a resource for your view, e.g.
- After you finished designing your view don't forget to Save changes.
- Internal access: select the users with whom you want to share the view. You can search for specific users or you can select users in a particular module. Wenn done, Save changes and go Back:
- Share by Email: input the email adresses one per line and save changes. The recipient will recieve an email with a link to access the shared view and see it as a guest in the platform.